- English Ivy scientifically called as Hedera helix. It is commonly called as English Ivy, European Ivy and Ivy. It is native to Europe. It is a species of flowering plant in the family Araliaceae.
- It is another popular indoor air purifying plant that has dual importance of improving the indoor air quality along with its beautiful ornamental appearance makes this plant one of the most desirable house plant.
- According to NASA clean air study, English ivy is effective in cleaning our indoor air pollutants like benzene, formaldehyde, Xylene and toluene from the air. Additional studies on English Ivy indicated that it helps in filtering indoor toxins, allergens found inside your home, and helps to reduce indoor airborne mold.
- It is an evergreen climbing ornamental vine extremely popular in outdoor landscaping and grown in gardens, on the walls and as fencing. In some western parts of the world like north America and California you can see as climbing up on the outdoor walls. It can also climb up on a tree trunk, it is grown as covers in areas where grass doesn’t grow.
- English Ivy is the plant which is easy to maintain and with its carefree nature it grows very fast over the years. It doesn’t need much care and the water needed for this plant is frugal, as it is not a very thirsty plant. It should be placed in location where it can have plenty of bright light or even it can survive in direct sunlight. By providing all these needs it can grow easily and reward you with the clean air in your home.
- English Ivy is poisonous to pets and children.
- Flamingo lily is botanically/ scientifically known as Anthurium andraeanum. It is commonly known as flamingo lily. It is native to Colombia and Ecuadoe. Anthurium is the popular lovely gift because of its exotic blooms with heart shape green shiny leaves and beautiful flowers which last for several months after bloom. It is the decorative indoor air purifying plant with a beautiful and striking colored leaf known as spathe.
- As most of the indoor plants play a significant dual role, which increases the aesthetics of the places and plays a major role in filtering the air pollutants and airborne toxins. According to NASA clean air study it is capable to absorb the toxins in the air and helps in increasing the indoor air quality. It is capable to filter pollutants like formaldehyde, xylene, toluene and ammonia from the surrounding environment.
- Anthurium is the indoor air purifying plant which need proper care, maintenance and in turn reward you with healthy surroundings and beauty for weeks with their blooms. It prefers plenty of bright light and high humid conditions. It is best to have a humidifier in your home if the relative humidity falls below 50%.
- It is toxic to both humans and animals.
- It is scientifically known as Aglaonema Modestum. It is commonly known as Chinese evergreen, which is native to tropical and subtropical regions of South Asia. It is the popular indoor plant belongs to the family of araceae.
- The Aglaonema is an excellent indoor air purifying plant, helps to improve the indoor air quality by emitting oxygen which assist in increasing the productivity, enriching health and well being both at home and offices. According to NASA clean air study the Aglaonema purifies the air by its ability to filter the toxins like formaldehyde, carbon monoxide and benzene.
- The best part of Aglaonema is its foliage part, the textures spear shaped, dark green, leathery leaves adds wonderful landscaping and dynamic aesthetics to the indoors. All these makes the Aglaonema a perfect ideal plant to look for.
- It is the best evergreen popular and durable plant with its user friendly and forgiving nature. It is the most desirable plant for every one specially for the beginners who necessarily don’t have a green thumb. It requires only moderate light and it is not a thirsty plant as it needs less water.
- It is poisonous to cats and dogs, generally mild to moderate level of toxicity.
- The Dumb cane scientifically know as Dieffenbachia. It is a tropical plant that is native to central and South America. The Dieffenbachia is commonly called as Dumb cane because the plant can literally make dumb if it is consumed.
- The dumb cane is one of the NASA listed best indoor air purifying plant which is effective in cleaning the indoor air pollutants like xylene and toluene from indoors. The main part of the plant is, the foliage plays a significant role in absorbing the toxins and rewarding you and your family with quality air.
- The dumb cane plant is very tough plant which can tolerate negligence and it is easy to take care, with minimal maintenance. It can strive well even in low conditions except in direct sun light. The dumb cane plant is a popular house plant with its striking foliage, the leaves are large and attractive with yellow to cream blotches arranged in a variety of patterns.
- It is a poisonous plant toxic to humans and pets too.
- The moth orchid is scientifically known as Phalaenopsis Orchid. It is the indoor air purifying plant which is real beautiful queen with dual significance rewards you with blooms in any season and in turn gives healthy air.
- The moth orchid comes not only with beauty and benefits too, as clean air study done by NASA declared that orchids are the best indoor air purifying plant in filtering the toxins like xylene and toluene from indoors.
- Apart from indoor air purification, orchids helps in removing the stress and improve the mood. It also reduces the level of depression, anxiety, agitation and reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases and other chronic diseases. It helps in reducing seasonal ailments and allergies. It also enhances the feeling of togetherness, happiness and connection in the family and brings well-being and healthy environment.
- This plant requires medium care and medium bright light. It need water less frequently and over watering is not good the plant die