- The rubber plant is scientifically/ botanically called as Ficus robusta. The Latin name is Ficus elastica. It is commonly called as rubber plant, as the common comes from the ‘rubber’ sap that comes of the succulent leaves and woody stems if they are scratched or cut the milky substance like latex which is not pleasant to humans or pets. If the sap is swallowed it causes irritation to the eyes and skin.
- Rubber plant is one among the top listed best air purifying plant with a favorable properties like it is easy to grow house plant, tough plant but easy going. The rubber plants are environment friendly plants as they remove many toxins from the air by giving us healthy, quality and easy to breathe air with high amount of oxygen.
- The qualitative researches done by many health organisations and universities on landscaping, they declared that rubber plant is the best indoor plant. NASA declared that rubber plant is also one of the best indoor air purifying plant which helps in absorbing airborne toxins and break them down making the air pure and healthy.
- Rubber plant absorbs the exhaled carbon dioxide and converts it to oxygen which is breathable.
- Rubber plant also eliminate bacteria and mold spores in the air.
- Dr. Wolverton ranks the rubber plant as the top indoor air purifying house plant to absorb toxins from the air. It also scores the best for its resistant, tough and adaptable to pest and diseases.
- The rubber plant also has higher rate of transpiration rate which increases the humidity of the surroundings it lives in.
- The rubber plant is very effective in cleaning the toxin formaldehyde. This is one of the major toxin which is found in many house hold things like furniture paper bags, synthetic fabrics, facial tissues, waxed papers and paper towels. This toxins causes many health problems like irritation to nose, mouth, and throat, and in some it can even make the issues more severe like swelling of the larynx and lungs.
- The rubber plant is an indoor air purifying plant which likes to live in shade with bright light. It is not a thirsty plant, it needs less water for the survival.
- The scientific/ botanical name of money plant is Epipremnum aureum. The plant has many common names like devil’s ivy, golden pothos, hunter’s robe, ivyarum, money plant, silver vine, solomon islands ivy and taro vine.
- Money plant is the best indoor air purifying plant with its attractive foliage. It is the best plant to pick for the beginners and the people with busy schedules who cannot afford time to take care of the plant frequently. It is the tough plant with rapid growth.
- According to the researches done by NASA money plant is declared as the best indoor air purifying plant which can effectively remove many toxins from the air. The best part of the money plant is that it removes maximum number of toxic gases and chemicals like formaldehyde, trichloroethylene, xylene, benzene and toluene from the air.
- Money plant is the best plant to remove indoor pollutants found in synthetic fabrics, furniture, and cleaning solutions.
- Many believe that money plant is lucky plant as it brings name, fame, health and prosperity. In some areas they named it as a vastu and fengshui plant, as it removes negative energizes from the house and energizes the home by filtering air and increasing the air quality.
- Money plants are also good at absorbing the radiations emitted by computer, television, WiFi router and many electronic gadgets.
- Placing a money plant in-front of the sharp or angular edges reduces anxiety and stress levels.
- Money plant aids in making the environment tranquil by avoiding arguments and sleeping disorders.
- Money plant helps in increasing the positive energy in our lives. It is recommended to add money plant to your house as it brings good luck.
- Money plant likes to live indoors with shade and bright light which should be watered less frequently.
- Money plant is toxic to both humans and pets too, so be careful.
- The weeping fig is scientifically/ botanically called as Ficus benjamina. Ficus benjamina belongs to the Moraceae family. It is a species to warm regions of Asia and Australia. It is the official tree of the city of Bangkok in Thailand.
- Weeping fig is the best indoor air purifying small tree that grows very slowly.
- After many year of profound research done by NASA on landscaping and they declared that weeping Fig plays a significant role in interior landscaping by its rewarding nature in very low cost efficient way. This plant removes many toxins from the air by improving the air quality to some degree.
- Weeping Fig is particularly best in filtering formaldehyde, xylene, and toluene. These are very common indoor pollutants which are very toxic and causes severe health issues if not removed properly. These are the toxins which is emitted by various indoor furniture’s, synthetic fabrics, floor cleaning detergents.
- It is also the best plant as it increases the humidity because the rate of transpiration is high. the water transpiration rating given to this plant is about 6/10. And the rate of efficiency to filter the toxins is about 8/10.
- Weeping fig can be grown both as an indoor and outdoor plant. If it is placed indoors it should be given little care by maintaining proper temperatures and it should be given the bright and shade place to live happily. Bright light with shade is the location keeps the weeping fig happy, that is partially shaded.
- Weeping fig is not the plant with more thirst. As it cannot go well with over watering and also under watering, it should be watered moderately.
- we should be careful if we have pets because weeping fig is toxic to cats and dogs,
- The Boston Fern is scientifically known as Nephrolepis exaltate. It has many common names like Sword Fern, Boston Fern, Wild Boston Fern, Tuber Ladder Fern and Fish bone Fern.
- The most striking part of this plant is the leaves known as fronds. The fronds are long, narrow, bearing some brown patches which makes them more unique.
- Boston Fern is a type of plant grows under semi shade and semi sun by maintaining optimal moist conditions. This plant can grow in both indoor and outdoor locations.
- Boston Fern is the ancient plant on the planet than other flowering plants. This plant is environmental friendly and rewards you with aesthetic sense of surroundings and plays a significant role in filtering many pollutants from air which will make the air more pure and fresh.
- NASA declared Boston Fern is the best indoor air purifying plant which has the ability to filter many hazardous chemicals in our day to day lives. It aids in removing formaldehyde, xylene, toluene by increasing the rate of humidity and the rate of oxygen in the air, making it easy to breathe.
- Boston Fern is becoming more popular in the process of interior landscaping because not only by its striking appearance and also its ability to filter the environment by giving the pleasant and soothing effect to our surroundings.
- Boston Ferns looks more amazing when potted in the hanging pots or decorative pots.
- Boston Fern is non- toxic to dogs and cats.
KIMBERLY QUEEN FERN
- The Kimberley Queen Fern is scientifically called as Nephrolepis obliterata is a species of Fern. It is originated in Australia and it is sometimes called as Australian Sword Fern.
- As the Kimberly Queen Fern is from the same species group of Boston Fern, they resemble each other mostly and the Kimberly Queen Fern has almost long and erect sword shaped fronds.
- This Fern is not much popular like Boston Fern and also not sensitive to low humid conditions. The Kimberly Queen Fern is suitable for indoors.
- According to the researches done by NASA, the Kimberly Queen Fern is declared as the best indoor air purifying plant which as ability to filter highly toxic pollutants from the air. It is very effective in cleaning the toxins like formaldehyde and alcohols. It has high transpiration rate so it is also a natural humidifier.
- It lives happily in the locations where there is no direct sun light and likes part sun & part shade place to live.
- Always the soil should be kept moist but not soggy.
- It is not a poisonous plant.